Friday, April 6, 2018

DayZ Is Relaunching on PC With a New Engine This Month

DayZ is getting a reboot of sorts on PC with the relaunch of the title using a new engine before the end of the month.

"We're releasing DayZ on a new engine in a couple of weeks on PC, and it's gonna be coming to Game Preview on Xbox this year," lead producer Eugen Harton told PCGamesN at Microsoft's ID@Xbox event. "That's basically our aim. I would almost say it's a reboot of DayZ on PC."

When pressed on whether the news meant the title would finally be leaving Early Access, Harton didn't comment either way.

Talking about the relaunch in light of the titles DayZ is competing with, Harton said: "It might not become a mainstream thing, but that's not our customer. I'm okay with that. I know what game I'm making - I don't want to appeal to everybody." He added: "I still feel like we have not hit our peak. This is the year of DayZ."

Continue reading…



from IGN Entertainment Articles https://ift.tt/2HfXLDO

No comments:

Post a Comment