Tuesday, October 10, 2023

With Cyberpunk 2 on the way, I hope its character creator isn't pointless

Cyberpunk 2077 is officially done with. CD Projekt Red has said as much, with the massive 2.0 overhaul update being the last big one the game will receive. We've known since last year that a sequel is in the works, unsurprising given the 25 million copies sold since its release three years ago. Production has even started on the as-of-yet untitled sequel, though with Phantom Liberty only having just been released it's likely to be early days yet. But CD Projekt Red, I have one request for you to consider as you work on the follow-up: please make the character creator not so pointless.

I admit, the use of the word pointless feels a little bit harsh, but in my time with Cyberpunk 2077 it just felt like wasted potential. That absolutely comes down to the fact that the game was exclusively playable in first person, a perspective that would only shift while driving a vehicle, or by using mods if you're playing on PC. But a majority of the time, you don't even get to look at your version of V, other than in the mirror, so it left me feeling confused as to why there's a character creator at all.

Don't get me wrong, I do know why; it's an RPG, and RPGs have character creators, but a lot of them also let you see your character. I know many players out there spend a lot of time in character creators, particularly in depth ones, because people want to make characters feel like themselves, or possibly even a character that they want to roleplay as. In my playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 I opted to play as femme V, something which I'm not, but as I said, sometimes it's all about the role-play aspect right?

Read more



from VG247 Latest Articles Feed https://ift.tt/yUASI8j

No comments:

Post a Comment